News & Events
1. The river on which the reservoir fir Indria Gandhi Canal has been built is
2. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
a. Gomti Lucknow
b. Saryu Ayodhya
c. Alaknanda Badrinath
d. Narmada Santa
3. Which one of the following cities is not located on the bank of river Ganga?
4. Consider the following statements
i. River ken is a left bank tributary of Ganga.
ii. River Chenab is the largest tributary of Indus.
Which of the above given statements is/are true?
a. Only i
b. Only ii
c. Both I and ii
d. None of these
5. Match the following
List I List II
A. Pong Dam 1. Damodar
B. Tehri Dam 2. Narmada
C. Sardar sarover project 3.Bhagirathi
D. Konar Dam 4. Beas
A B C D
a. 1 3 2 4
b. 1 4 2 3
c. 4 1 2 3
d. 4 3 2 1
6. Rivers that pass through Himachal Pradesh are
a. Beas and Chenab
b. Beas and Ravi
c. Chenab, Ravi and Beas, Satluj
d. Beas, Chenab, Ravi Satluj and Yamuna
7. With which one of the following rivers does Chambal river merge?
8. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
a. Godavari :pairi, Hasdo, Tel
b. Mahi :Puma, Penganga, Waingangā
c. Krishna :Manjra, Dudhana
d. Cauvery :Kabani, Hema Amaravati
9. The river Damodar is a tributary of
10. The city of nasik is is situated on the banks of which one of the following rivers?
1.A, 2. D, 3. A, 4. B, 5. D, 6. D, 7. D, 8. D, 9. A, 10. C