News & Events
- January 18, 2021
- Posted by: Maya
- Category: Daily GK Dose Indian Geography
1. Heavy Rainfall during the months October and November is received by
a. Gharo, Khasi and Jaintia hills
b. Chhotanagpur Plateau
c. Coromandel Coast
d. Malwa Plateau
2. The western coasts of India receive very high rainfall in summer mainly due to
a. Tropical Location
b. Nearness to sea
c. Western Ghats
3. Which one of the following is the wettest place in India ?
4. The state having the highest rainfall by North-East Monsoon is
b. Paschim banga
c. Tamil Nadu
5. Amritsar and shimla are almost on the same latitude, but their climate difference is due to
a. The difference is in their altitude
b. Their distance from sea
c. Snowfall in shimla
d. Pollution in Amritsar
6. The south- west monsoons end in India by
7. What causes rainfall on the coastal areas of Tamil Nadu in the beginning of winter ?
a. South- West Monsoon
b. North Eastern monsoon
c. Temperate cyclones
d. Local Air Circulation
8. Six- eight month rainy season prevail in parts of
a. Sikkim and Karnataka
b. Assam and Kerala
c. Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat
9. The average annual temperature of a meteorological station is 26o C, its average annual rainfall is 63 cm and the annual range temperature is 90C.
The station in question is .
10. Which one of the following places gets the least rainfall?
1. C, 2. C, 3. D, 4. C, 5. A, 6. C, 7. B, 8. B, 9. B, 10. B