News & Events
- March 1, 2021
- Posted by: Maya
- Category: Daily GK Dose Indian Geography
1. Terrace farming is done
A. on the slope of hills
b. in dry regions
c. on roof tops
d. on mountain tops
2. yellow revolution is associated with the production of
b. Oil seeds
3. Consider the following agricultural practices
1. Contour bounding
2. Relay cropping
3. Zero tillage
in the context of global climate change which of the above help/helps in carbon seques –tration storage in the soil
b. only 3
c.1, 2and 3
d. none of these
4. With reference to the soil conservation consider the following practices
which of the above are considered appropriate methods for soil conservation in India a.1,2and 3
b. 2 and 4
c. 1,3 and 4
d. 1,2,3 and 4
5.Tamil Nadu is a leading producers of mill –made cotton yarn in the country what could be the reason
1. Black cotton soil is the predominant type of soil in the state
2. Rich poll of skilled labour is available which of the statements given above is / are correct a. only 1
b. only 2
c. both 1and 2
d. neither 1nor 2
6. which of the following states has the distinction of giving highest yield of sugarcane per hectare ?
b. Tamil Nadu
7. Golden revolution refers to the development of
a. Oil seeds
8.Tank irrigation is practiced mainly in peninsular India because?
1. Undulating relief and hard rock’s make it difficult to dig canals and wells
2. Rivers are rain –fed
3. of compact nature of population and agricultural fields
Select the code given below
a. 1and 2
b. 2and 3
c. 1and 3
d. 1,2and 3
9. With which crop has green revolution been associated?
10. Which one of the following is not a plantation crop ?
11.Which of the following is not a kharif crop?
12. Which of the following states has the largest percentage area under tank irrigation?
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu ?
1. a, 2.b, 3.a, 4.c, 5.c, 6.d, 7.c, 8. a, 9.b, 10.d, 11. d, 12.b