News & Events
1. Consider the following statements about the directive principles of state policy and find out the correct answer
(a) While the fundamental rights restrain the government from doing certain things , the directive principles exhort the government to do certain things.
(b) The DPSPs are not enforceable in the courts and do not create and justiciable rights in favour of the individuals .
(c) The Supreme Court in kesavananda bharati case ruled that DPSPs constitution and cannot be changed by parliament.
(d) All of the above are correct
2. Which among the following provisions of the constitution of India is /are fulfilled by the national social assistance programme launched by the government of India?
1. Fundamental rights
2. Fundamental duties
3. Directive principles of state policy select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) 1,2 and 3
(c) Only 3
3. The enforcement of directive principles depends mostly on
(a) The courts
(b) An effective opposition in parliament
(c)Resources available to the government
(d) Public cooperation
4. Which of the following can be termed gandhian among the directive principles?
1. Prevention of cow slaughter.
2. Promotion of cottage industries.
3. Establishment of village Panchayat.
4. Unifrom civil code for the country.
(a)1,2,3 and 4
(b)1,2 and 3
5. A uniform civil code mentioned in the directive principles of state policy ensure
(a) Economic equality
(c) National integration
(d)Support of weaker sections off society
6. Which article of the constitution enjoins the state to provide for a social order in which justice social economic and political freedom is ensured?
(b) Article 38
(d)Article 39 a
7. Which of the following are stated as directive principles of state policy by article 51 of constitution of India ?
The state shall Endeavor to
1. Promote international peace and security.
2. Maintain just and honorable relation between nations.
3. Encourage settlement of international disputes by arbitration.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a)1 and 2
(b) 1and 3
(c) 2and 3
(d) 1,2 and 3
8. The purpose of the inclusion of directive principle of state policy in the Indian constitution is to establish
(a) Political democracy
(b) Social democracy
(d)Social and economic democracy
9. Who described the directive Principles of state policy as a novel feature of the constitution of India ?
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
10.The provision of fundamental duties have been taken from the constitution of
1.d, 2.b, 3.c, 4.b, 5.c, 6.b, 7. d, 8.d, 9.d, 10.b,