News & Events
LOCAL GOVERNMENT- Indian Polity
1. The constitution (74th) Amendment Act,1993 mention the
a. Composition of the National Development Council
b. Functions of the state Finance commission
c. Functions of the Kaveri Water Authority
2. A college student desires to get elected to the Municipal council of his city. The validity of the nomination would depend on the important condition, among others, that
a. He obtains permission from the principal of the college
b. He is a member of political party
c. His name figures in the Voters list
d. His files a declaration owing allegiance to the constitution of India
3. In which list the “Panchayati Raj”subject is included?
a. Union List
b. State list
c. Concurrent List
d. Residency List
4. The three-tier system of Panchayati Raj was initially recommended by
a. Balwant Raj Mehta committee
b. Ashok Mehta committee
c. LM Singhvi committee
d. GVK Rao committee
5. Which article of the Indian Constitution provides for the institution of Panchayati Raj?
6. What was the reason for Gandhi ji support to decentralization of power?
a. Decentralization ensures more participation of the people in to democracy
b. India had decentralization of power in the past
c. Decentralization was essential for the economic development of the country
d. Decentralization can prevent communalism
7. Which of the following is not a Panchayati Raj institution?
a. Gram sabha
b. Gram Panchayat
c. Nyaya Panchayat
d. Gram cooperative society
8. The implementation of Jawahar Rozagar Yojana rests India?
a. Gram panchayat
b. District collector
c. State Government
d. Union Government
9. The 73rd Amendment of the of the Indian constitution deals with?
a. Panchayati Raj
b. Compulsory primary education
c. Nagar palika
d. Minimum age of marriage
10. The Ashok Mehta committee laid greater emphasis on
a. Gram Sabha
b. Mandal Panchayat
c. Taluka panchayat samiti
d. Zila Parishad
1.D 2.C 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.A 10.D