News & Events
1. The India Parliament is competent to enact law on a state subject if
a. Emergency under Article 352 is in operation
b. All the state Assemblies of the country make such a request
c. The President send such a message to parliament
d. None of the above
2. A financial Emergency can be declared by applying
a. Article 360
b. Article 370
c. Article 371
3. How many types of emergencies are envisaged by the constitution?
4. Which one of the following Articles of the constitution of India has provision for the President to proclaim emergency?
a. Article 352
b. Article 355
c. Article 356
d. Article 360
5. The National Emergency as Article 352 of the Indian constitution provides, may be proclaimed under which of the following circumstances?
a. Failure of constitution machinery
b. External aggression
c. Internal disturbance
d. War, external aggression or armed rebellion
6. How many times has financial Emergency been declared in India so far
b. 4 times
c. 5 times
7. Which one of the following cannot be suspended or restricted even during National Emergency
a. Right to reside and settle in any part of the country
b. Right to life and personal liberty
c. Right to move freely throughout the territory of India
d. Right to carry on any profession or business
8. Which one of the following Article of the Indian constitution provides that it shall be the duty of the Union to protect every state against external aggression and internal disturbance?
a. Article 215
b. Article 275
c. Article 325
d. Article 355
9. After which report, President promulgates President Rule in the state?
a. Prime minister
b. Union Home Minister
c. Chief Minister
10.Consider the following statements in respect of financial emergency under Article 360 of the constitution of India
1. A proclamation of Financial Emergency issued shall cease to operate at the expiration of two months, unless, before the expiration of the period ,it has been approved by the resolution of both Houses of Parliament
2. Financial Emergency can remain in operation for a maximum period of three years
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
1.A 2.A 3.C 4.A 5.D 6.D 7.B 8.D 9.A 10.C