News & Events
Socio Religious Reform Movements:Modern History
1. Which of the following statement is not correct about Raja Ram Mohan Roy?
(a) Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born in a well-to-do family in Bengal, probably in 1772.
(b) He died in Indian in 1833.
(c) He was given the title of Raja by the Mughal Emperor.
2. Who wrote the book’ A Gift to monotheists’?
(a) David Hare
(b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(c) Mahadev Govind Ranade
(d) Ramkrishna Bhandarkar
3. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Rajaram Mohan Rai set up Brahmo Sabha in 1828.
(b) Brahmo Sabha forbade idol-worship and discarded meaningless rites and rituals.
(c) Rajaram Mohan Rai worked to abolish child marriage.
(d) Sati Pratha was abolished in1829.
4. Who of the following leaders is not associated with the Brahma Samaj?
(a) Debendranath Tagore
(b) Keshab Chandra Sen
(c) Raaja ram Mohan Rai
(d) Atma Ram Pandurang
5. When was Brahmo Samaj split?
6. When was the Hindu College, Calcutta established?
7. What was the greatest contribution of Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar in the social reforms in India?
(a) He ensured the widow’s marriage and girl’s education.
(b) Help in the abolition of Sati Pratha.
(c) Established the Brahma Samaj
(d) He adopted 100 villages to relocate them from Andhra Pradesh to Bengal for better life.
8. Who established Prarthna Samaj?
(a) Ishwar Chandra Vidya Sagar
(c) David Hare
(d) Athmaram Panduranga with the help of Keshav Chandra Sen
9. Who is called the “Lokhitwadi”?
(a) Dayanand saraswati
(b) Gopal Hari Deshmukh
(c) Mahadev Govend Ranade
(d) Mul Sankara
10. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Vivekananda participated in the All World Religions Conference in 1893 at Chicago,U.S.A.
(b) Satyashodhak samaj was established by the Jyotiba Phule.
(c) Dayanand Saraswati established the Prarthna Samaj.
(d) ARYA Samaj was founded in 1875 in Bombay.