News & Events
Current Affairs MCQs of 27th May 2021
- May 27, 2021
- Posted by: Maya
- Category: Current Affairs Daily Current Affairs
Q.1 Who will become the next MD of Chennai Petroleum Corporation?
a. Manish Jain
b. Vinod Khurana
c. Sunil Mishra
d. Arvind Kumar
Q.2 Which bank has issued India’s first FPI license to GIFT AIF?
a. Bank of Baroda
b. Kotak Mahindra Bank
c. State Bank of India
d. Bank of India
Q.3 Which country hosted the Global G20 Health Summit?
Q.4 Who has been appointed as the new CBI Chief?
a. Rakesh Asthana
b. YC Modi
c. Subodh Jaiswal
d. SS Deswal
Q.5 Yuan Longping, a top hybrid rice scientist, passed away on May 22, 2021. He belonged to which nation?
c South Korea
Q.6 VIPER (Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover) is a mobile robot, planned to be launched by which country to explore the moon?
d. United States
Q.7 Which state was the top recipient of FDI in India during the fiscal year 2020-21 (FY21)?
Q.8 Which country was the largest source of FDI in India in FY21?
b. United States
Q.9 Recently with which country India has signed a three-year work program for cooperation in agriculture?
a. USA b
Q.10 Which organisation proposed $50 billion plan to vaccinate everyone by mid-2022?
c. World Bank
d. Asian development Bank
Q.1 d) Arvind Kumar will become the next Managing Director (MD) of Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL). He is currently serving as an Executive Director at Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL).
Q.2 b) Kotak Mahindra Bank has issued India’s 1st Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) license to the GIFT IFSC Alternative Investment Fund (AIF). Kotak Mahindra has issued the FPI for True Beacon Global.
Q.4 c) Senior IPS officer Subodh Kumar Jaiswal was on May 25, 2021 appointed as the new CBI director for two years, as per the personnel ministry order. A three-member selection committee led by PM Narendra Modi on May 24, 2021, had shortlisted Jaiswal’s name for the position of director, Central Bureau of Investigation.
Q.5 b) Yuan Longping, a Chinese agriculture scientist, passed away on May 22, 2021, due to organ failure at a hospital in Changsha at 90. Longping was highly accredited as the ‘Father of Hybrid Rice’ that he had developed in the 1970s to save millions of people after a disastrous famine in China.
Q.6 d) The US space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has planned to send its first mobile robot to the Moon in late 2023 in search of ice and other resources on and below the lunar surface. The robot is named as Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (VIPER). The mission is a part of the Artemis programme of NASA, under which it will send robots and humans to explore more of the Moon than ever before.
Q.7 c) In terms of Indian states, Gujarat was the top recipient of FDI, with 37 percent share of total FDI equity inflows, followed by Maharashtra (27%) and Karnataka (13%).
Q.8 c) Singapore retained its position as the largest source of FDI for the third consecutive year, with 29 percent of the total investments. It was followed by the US (23%), and Mauritius (9%).
Q.9 c) India and Israel have signed a three-year work program for cooperation in agriculture. India and Israel are implementing the “INDO-ISRAEL Agricultural Project Centres of Excellence” and “INDO-ISRAEL Villages of Excellence”.
Q.10 a) The International Monetary Fund or IMF proposed a $50 billion plan to end the Covid-19 pandemic, with a target of vaccinating at least 40% of the world’s population by the end of 2021 and the remaining 60% by the first half of 2022