News & Events
Disaster Management: Set – 8
- August 14, 2021
- Posted by: Maya
- Category: Daily GK Dose
- The region that is frequently affected by floods in Andhra Pradesh is ?
(1) The details of Pennar
(2) The details of Krishna and Godavari
(3) Rayalaseema areas
(4) North coastal areas
- An earthquake releases ?
(3) Vibrations and tremors
(4) Tremors and fire
- The river which causes tremendous floods in Assam is ?
- The method to identify landslide prone areas which has been in use in India since 1980s is ?
(1) Landslide Zonation Mapping
(2) Land Development Zooming
(3) Land Reclamation Zooming
(4) Land Disaster Mapping
- In India at the Centre, which is the nodal ministry for all matters concerning disasters caused by drought ?
(1) Minister of Home Affairs
(2) Minister of Agriculture
(3) Minister of Rural Development
(4) Minister of Finance
- State Crisis Management Committee is charied by ?
(1) Cheif Secretary
(2) Chief Minister
(3) Finance Secretary
(4) Finance Minister
- The severity of a disaster is usually reckoned in terms of ?
(1) Loss of Life
(2) Loss of property
(3) Loss of life or property
(4) None of the above
- The only document that reflects the detailed hazard profile of the States in India is the Vulnerability Atlas prepared by ?
(1) Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council
(2) India Meteorological Department
(3) Disaster Management Institute
- ‘Managing Disaster Risk in Emerging Economics’ – is a report of ?
(1) World Bank
(2) Asian Development Bank
(3) Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India
(4) National Institute of Disaster Management, India
- Which segment of the East Coast of India is most vulnerable to high storm surges ?
(1) North Orissa and West Bengal Coast
(2) Andhra Pradesh Coast between Ongole and Machilipatnam
(3) Tamil Nadu Coast, South of Nagapattinam
(4) All the above